REM’s proprietary Best Practices and internal protocols are designed to mitigate loss at every level, to stop leakage before it starts. We conduct thorough and timely investigation, reserve accurately, deliver precise actionable reports, offer cost-effective medical and litigation management, and resolve claims quickly to minimize our customers' total loss costs. REM’s policy is “not documented, not done,” allowing both our customers and our management to see exactly what is being accomplished throughout the life of the claim.
Every one of our claim programs features:
- Designated line of business adjustment professionals with backup
- Appropriate caseload distribution monitored by management
- Agreed supervisor to staff ratio – supervisors carry no caseloads
- Same day investigation contacts
- Reserving with worksheet documentation and customer notification at agreed levels
- Settlement and payment within authorities
- Careful customer-defined litigation management
- Rigorous fraud identification and investigation
- Diligent subrogation and pursuit of loss cost recovery
- Customized data capture and reporting
Our REM field teams are supported by our Home Office Center of Excellence. This group enhances the services that are delivered at the line level through training and enhanced claim oversight of larger, more complex claims. The Large Claim Committee was founded to discuss strategies and recommend actions to customers that will control claim costs on significant and unique exposures.